Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Shabbat Dinner

This coming Shabbat, my wife and I will be hosting a Shabbat dinner for our Friends. As RSVP’s come in, it looks like we’ll have 13 people. This will be the first time we come together as a group of friends for Shabbat – hopefully the first of many.

I’m planning this as a traditional Shabbat including a sumptuous meal and some Torah study. I’m not sure which one will be harder to prepare.

The menu is set, and I’ve done the pilgrimage to the kosher supermarket to get the kosher meat. The cooking will be spread out over 3 days … hopefully everything will come together nicely.

Now I need to plan the Torah study. I’ll talk about the weekly Torah portion, but I need to work out specifics. As I figure out what to talk about I’ll port it here.

Wish me luck.

No comments: